WHAT IS THE STATIONERY ACADEMY?
The Stationery Academy is an institute designed to educate, empower and connect the best new talent in the stationery industry. Limited to twenty students each year, Stationery Academy brings these designers together to explore tried and true business strategies and learn the keys to powerful, successful stationery brands.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE AS A STUDENT OF THE STATIONERY ACADEMY?
Students will graduate from The Stationery Academy having identified clear, strategic next steps to bring authenticity to their brand, strength to their business processes and unforgettable experiences to their clients. Students will also receive:
- Two days of interactive workshops focused on Business 101 and Branding 101: simplified, powerful business strategy and building an authentic, strong, soon-to-be nationally recognized stationery brand. See workshop topics below.
- Opening Night Cocktail Reception and Celebration Graduation Dinner.
- All meals on Friday and Saturday.
- A personalized Stationery Academy workbook (among other special gifts!) to be used throughout the Academy to simplify, refine and strengthen goals, processes, business strategy and overall brand.
- Access to the exclusive Stationery Academy Alumni private Facebook Group and resource center.
WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES FOR BEING A STUDENT OF THE STATIONERY ACADEMY?
Two things: a big dream and a LOVE for paper. Whether you are a seasoned veteran with a retail storefront and a wholesale collection OR a designer who’s yet to found the business that she’s dreaming of – Stationery Academy is designed to meet you wherever you are – and give you an intimate, open, interactive format to learn, share experiences – triumphs and trials, and connect with others who’ve either been in your shoes or are standing right where you are now.
WHAT TOPICS WILL THE STATIONERY ACADEMY INCLUDE?
- Exploring Business Strategy in the Stationery Industry
- Navigating Fulfillment & Product Production
- Choosing The Right Business Model for You: Retail vs. Custom vs. Wholesale
- Solidifying your Powerful Brand & Client Experience
- The Creative Process Behind a Cohesive, Sought-After Collection
- Producing the Wholesale Album
WHEN IS THE NEXT STATIONERY ACADEMY?
Dallas, Texas, August 22-24, 2013.
WHAT IS THE TUITION?
Early Bird :: Available through December 31, 2012
$1850 / private room
$1600 / one roommate
$1350 / three roommates
Standard Rate :: Available until Session 1 fills up. A second session may be available if Session 1 fills up.
$2250 / private room
$2000 / one roommate
$1750 / three roommates
DO YOU OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
Stationery Academy is excited to offer one full tuition scholarship to a passionate, driven designer. The scholarship will open after January 2013 and a winner will be selected by May 31, 2013.
WHERE DO I BOOK MY ROOM?
The gorgeous Hotel Palomar in Dallas, Texas is providing accommodations for the August 2013 Stationery Academy. Rooms are included in your registration fee, and your reservation is complete as soon as you have paid your tuition. If you have chosen to have a roommate, arrangements will be made by Stationery Academy, unless you request otherwise.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
Because of the all inclusive nature of the workshop, we are unable to offer refunds after registration. You may, however, transfer your ticket to another person before July 15, 2013.